Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day four

Ok family and friends, just when I think it can't get any better..it does.   A few of us on the tour decided to go to services at the BYU Jerusalem center.  WOW!!  The location sits on a hill side by  Mount Olives (the place where Jesus taught his disciples).  The center (BYU) or chapel over looks the old city Jerusalem and the Temple Mount, the  location is extraordinary!   There is no words to explain it.

Soooo... we are already over whelmed with emotion when  we walk in (lol) when who do we see sitting right.... and I mean right behind us?  YES!!  MR. GLENN BECK HIMSELF.  HOLY HANA BANANA!  He reached out his hand and shook mine and Shellies' (new friend). But Shellie got a hung because she was an emotional wreck and Glenn felt bad for her.   It was a very small group of us and very intimate.  Anyway I had to tell all of you.. I know some of you are not fans but it was a way cool experience.  It is kind of funny because when we walked in I noticed some private security, outside the center and wondered why they had so much? 

Anyway the day did not end there.  When we left BYU, the sites that followed were on the Palestinian  side of the border.  They included Bethlehem, Church of the Nativity, Chapel of St Catherine, Shepherds' Field and Church of the Milk Grotto.  Of course, I will download the pictures and put an explanation beside them so you will get a better idea what they all mean and what they represent.  As far as the emotions that I experienced...I have no words, only tears of joy and sorrow. 

1 comment: