Monday, April 9, 2012

Joplin

 First of all....The photos you are about to see give no justice to what it all really looks like in Joplin.  I have never witnessed so much destruction in my life and I hope I never do.   There's blocks where you  can't see anything because it's flattened the entire town.  I've also spoken to people that have lost everything, including their families.
 The entire Hospital was destroyed


 This cross was the only thing standing from a church that was completely swept away.


 All the homes on this block were gone except for the foundations.
 New Creation Church where many of us are staying. 

 Some of my peeps (people) in the kitchen cooking dinner.  GREAT FOOD!!!
 Shellie Sue Sue..friend from Israel

 Basement of the church...It is also used for shelter during tornadoes.

 Taylor..Tay Tay...Shelly's boy who found a dog.  He has become our mascot and is so freakin cute..Look at that face...the dog.
Taylor is going on a mission in 4 months..Great Kid.
 Projects!!


Home we are working on...Planting some trees tomorrow...



I am having a great time.  Wish you were all here:(

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe all the destruction. How sad for the people and that community. What a great thing you are out there doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Staci,

    Good job. We are all here today at Darren's retirement lunch. Wish you were here, everyone say's Hi.

    ReplyDelete